• April 20, 2024, 07:47:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself!  (Read 113192 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #250 on: September 15, 2020, 03:22:23 AM »

Does sound like a lot of fun, but yeah I can imagine that's a rather expensive hobby overall, even without the racing xD
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Daniexpert

• Unaware
  • Kyzrati Patron
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 15, 2020, 03:26:12 AM »

Does sound like a lot of fun, but yeah I can imagine that's a rather expensive hobby overall, even without the racing xD
To give you an idea, in order to start with basic stuff at the time, I spent about 500€ :D

youngster

• Unaware
  • Kyzrati Patron
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 06, 2021, 02:02:50 AM »

Hi there, just found this topic on the forums, so I thought I might as well introduce myself, as I enjoy Cogmind very much!

It was just last year when I had my first roguelike experience, for I had previously almost only played multiplayer shooters like Rainbow Six Siege and Insurgency Sandstorm. But then, I found this great roguelike/lite game called Barony having a giveaway - it was almost exactly like a roguelike, a procedural generated grid based dungeon crawler, but it was in realtime, first person and co-op. Those elements made it much more accessible for a primarily FPS player like me! Barony was a wakeup call to the wonderful world of roguelikes: I had no idea that a game could be non-competitive, and yet be so intense and engaging.

It turns out, from the store description, that Barony was heavily inspired by NetHack, and so there I went to explore the roguelike genre. NetHack really took me in, having me pour over the complex game mechanics and how it works. It even got me to use the vi-keys instead of the numpad for movement!

I first came across Cogmind when I looked on Tone’s youtube channel, looking at his NetHack letsplays. From there, I went to trying out the Cogmind like game POLYBOT 7 first. It goes without saying that I found POLYBOT 7 to be engrossing, so much so that I had got to get Cogmind. So here I am now!

Here is a site where I have clips from some of the multiplayer games I play if you are into HIGH RISK HIGH REWARD PLAYZ  ::)
https://medal.tv/users/436472

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #253 on: July 06, 2021, 04:31:15 AM »

Hey youngster! Wow, pretty amazing to hear your journey into roguelikes, from multiplayer FPS to Barony to hardcore roguelikes :)

Also you even started with vi keys, cool! I still haven't really gotten into those myself since I always have a numpad and most games support something other than vi, although when I was trying out the original Rogue at one point last year I was forced to use vi for a bit in that case :P

Tone is a good proponent of all kinds of RLs, as many on our Discord are, as you've discovered now, heh. I've started doing more of that myself, branching out from playing just Cogmind, and it's been great for the past couple years (going to stream a bunch more 7DRLs starting tomorrow, even :P).

I used to be big into shooters myself, even getting into the competitive scene, though that was mostly a good 15+ years ago. Nowadays I just binge on a few of the singleplayer titles every few years...
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]