Grid Sage Forums

• April 19, 2024, 12:42:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Re-color "Central Database Compromised"  (Read 1194 times)

DDarkray

• Cyborg
  • Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Wiki Contributor Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Re-color "Central Database Compromised"
« on: June 07, 2017, 08:19:30 PM »

While hacking the terminals, I started to notice that the central database can be locked down to prevent anymore hacks related to it (after attempting prototype/schematic hack multiple times without success), but I never seem to notice the log stating that it's locked down until I started to look very carefully at those words.

So after I saw those words, they don't seem to stand out at all, blending with all the other brown-colored ones that aren't so important. I think they should have different color since they have an effect on gameplay (to remind myself not to keep spamming those database commands).

Also, the manual states: "Successful indirect hacking of central "database-related" targets (queries, schematics, analysis, prototypes) incurs a 25% chance to trigger a database lockout, preventing indirect access to those types of targets at every terminal on the same map."

From what I experienced, it looks like unsuccessful indirect hacking can also incur database lockout.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Re-color "Central Database Compromised"
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 12:44:40 AM »

Well yeah originally it wasn't even in the long-term log at all, since that's new for the beta, but where it is colored differently is the first place you've always seen it: directly in the hacking results window. Now all results are mirrored to the log, but they use the same color there to reflect their source, something which won't change. I could consider making it a floorwide ALERT, however, which is a lot more obvious and seems reasonable here.

Also, the manual states: "Successful indirect hacking of central "database-related" targets (queries, schematics, analysis, prototypes) incurs a 25% chance to trigger a database lockout, preventing indirect access to those types of targets at every terminal on the same map."

From what I experienced, it looks like unsuccessful indirect hacking can also incur database lockout.
It only happens on a successful roll, but the immediate lockout prevents you from reaping the rewards, so it's essentially like a different kind of failure.

(It can't happen if you always fail the initial hack roll, though. This is to not overly punish bad hackers here, and simply limit the long-term usefulness of the hack on a given floor for good hackers.)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 02:13:55 AM »

There you go, a global alert and everything that comes with one ;)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

DDarkray

• Cyborg
  • Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Wiki Contributor Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 06:45:15 AM »

Yesssssssss!!!! I mean, Noooooooooo!!!  :-\