Grid Sage Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:00:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Make "Notes" as an Option tab  (Read 1030 times)

DDarkray

• Cyborg
  • Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Wiki Contributor Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Make "Notes" as an Option tab
« on: June 05, 2017, 01:53:51 PM »

While browsing through the manual, I saw the last section called "Notes" which you can freely edit to whatever you want. I think that's a pretty neat idea if I want to remind myself some things (like "Remember to use your special manual command hack!!"). But it seems like it's a weird place to put it under Manual. It's also laborious to have to go into manual file to edit there, so why not make it as one of the option tabs (to save a click, and to make it more stand-out) which you can edit and save your notes in-game? And if you open up the option with saved notes, the Notes tab can flash in a similar way as the flashing News tab.

I'm sure this is very low priority (does anyone really use them?), so it's not a big deal if it doesn't work.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 02:14:28 PM by DDarkray »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Make "Notes" as an Option tab
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 10:01:41 PM »

Apparently a number of people do like to use the notes-in-manual feature, and while assuming I had unlimited resources sure I'd love to add such a feature in game, it is definitely not worth the amount of work it would require.

It sounds nice on paper, but looking at the technical requirements, turning it into a valuable feature would require implementing my own full-on text editor, which is a large amount of work. While it may seem annoying to add your notes out of game, remember that in opening it as a txt document you can leverage your word processor's purpose-built rapid editing features :)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon