Grid Sage Forums

• April 24, 2024, 04:56:22 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [Beta 1.2] Not sure if grammar error or visual bug in Lore  (Read 488 times)

Gexgekko

• Unaware
    • View Profile
[Beta 1.2] Not sure if grammar error or visual bug in Lore
« on: June 04, 2017, 07:43:50 AM »

In the Dialogue 1 from Imprinter, the end of the last message is not displaying or displaying outside the screen?, I don't remember it exactly the dialogue so maybe it's actually displaying correctly, then there's a grammal error: The message doesn't end with a dot (.). I know it's no big deal but as I said, it can be that the message is not displaying correctly so I prefer to notify.

The lore messages ends like this in my screen (obvious story spoiler):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fast edit:

Zion, dialogue 9, the words between the double commas (") have a single down comma (,) inside it when it should be outside. "words," should be "words",  (example for no spoilers)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 07:59:01 AM by Gexgekko »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [Beta 1.2] Not sure if grammar error or visual bug in Lore
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 08:15:00 AM »

Hi Gexgekko!

Hm, looks like the lore screen is cutting off the last line of the Imprinter Dialogue 1 record, yeah. It does that because the display buffer has a maximum number of lines it can show, and I didn't realize the Imprinter dialogue was that long :P. This happened once before with another major NPC, and I already extended the buffer length, but apparently not quite by enough! Looks like I'll have to extend it again, thanks.

Fast edit:

Zion, dialogue 9, the words between the double commas (") have a single down comma (,) inside it when it should be outside. "words," should be "words",  (example for no spoilers)
Actually that's correct: In American English commas go inside quotes (randomly Googled source to explain). You'll see many such uses elsewhere in the game text, too.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon