Grid Sage Forums

• April 19, 2024, 12:33:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Update 170531 - Hard Times (+b1.1)  (Read 1921 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Update 170531 - Hard Times (+b1.1)
« on: May 31, 2017, 05:38:22 AM »

Well, it's a good thing that I already made it past the major Beta milestone, because it looks like I have no choice but to take a little break here...

Last month I really pushed myself too hard, working 231 hours despite some serious injuries, and then forged ahead with the May milestones after that. Over the past couple weeks my condition's been getting increasingly worse, and has currently reached a point where I'm actually no longer capable of working until I can recover. I admit it hasn't helped that this entire year so far I've only taken a few days break :P

This kinda sucks because I was just gearing up for the jump to Steam, but I know that's going to require yet more concentrated, sustained effort, and want to make sure it turns out as good as possible, so that's not something I should tackle until I'm at 100% (rather than, like, 10% xD).

I guess it's also about time I took a little break, anyway, before breaking myself permanently, and get all this health stuff sorted.

In the meantime I'll still be checking email and social media real quick on a daily basis, and dealing with any questions or other player needs as usual, though it may take me a little longer to reply (a few hours rather than minutes, hehe).

To be more specific, I'm not talking about months off development here, more like a week to see if that's enough to deal with this, then go from there.

I'll of course continue to keep you all updated as I always have, and hope to get past this soon enough!

In progress news, consider this the official reminder that Beta 1.2 is out (it came out for everyone after the last update was posted, in the Beta 1 update thread).

Last week I also did a writeup for my Super Gauntlet challenge mode run, the first attempt at what is Cogmind's hardest mode. It went surprisingly well.

I also almost won the Pure Core challenge that I streamed shortly after that.

And for anyone following along who hasn't happened to buy Cogmind yet, know that I recently managed to get the distributor/payment processor to remove the address requirement from the purchase form (which was only there in the first place as one of several anti-fraud measures, not for collection purposes), so if that might have been keeping you from buying, that particular roadblock has been taken care of :D

Looking forward to bringing you many more updates--thank you all for your support!

Edit: Again, thanks so much to everyone, and for all your comments. I hope to be back in action as soon as possible, but I'll also make sure it's on the best terms possible, too. Gotta ensure a sustainable long term since there's still so much cool stuff to do! For now have fun with the Beta :)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 11:44:31 PM by Kyzrati »
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon