News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Refund  (Read 1885 times)

tesseract

• Unaware
    • View Profile
Refund
« on: May 14, 2017, 10:13:12 AM »

I waited ages during alpha because I wanted somewhat feature completeness, and as a long time roguelike player and developer this has been something that really excited me. Hearing beta was out and a complete game I thought the game was ready now.

You make this sound really simple:

Install the MSVC++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) from Microsoft and the game should start normally.

But no dude, it's not, and the game doesn't work. No I don't want help with it, I have tried the instructions here and all around the web.

You should have made an installer. Maybe I will buy it again when you put it on Steam but this is just dead money for me right now, a useless purchase.

Refund me and I'll go back to watching.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 10:15:08 AM by tesseract »

tesseract

• Unaware
    • View Profile
Re: Refund
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 10:29:09 AM »

I really don't mean to be an asshole and I love roguelikes enough to buy this again and judging by all the let's plays I've seen you've made a great game that is extremely my thing, I'd just rather have the money for now until Steam fixes the game for me.

dak

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 11:10:43 AM »

That's weird - it runs smoothly for me even on Arch Linux via wine, with zero hassle. The game totally worth to get it running :P

tesseract

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 03:22:29 PM »

Lol I might try it on my laptop that has Manjaro-i3 though that wouldn't be ideal either way for what I wanna do (play on my W10 gaming pc).

I've tried everything at this point, about to try a reinstall of Windows, to see if that fixes this dll situation (that isn't popping up for any other game, I've played many games on this W10 install).

tesseract

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 04:34:27 PM »

Ugh I don't have the motivation for that. Just refund me pls and I'll buy it again when you're on Steam.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 06:09:23 PM »

It's quite likely you've installed the wrong one--a couple people have gone and installed the x64 version of that distributable at the recommendation* of Windows 10, because they're using 64-bit windows, but Cogmind is a 32-bit program, so it requires the x86 version regardless of your OS.

If you're still getting "missing DLL" errors on a failed startup, then that's the issue. There are no incompatibility or DLL issues with Windows 10 (or any other Windows OS), out of tens of thousands of installs so far.

Sorry for the inconvenience! If you'd like a refund just e-mail me at gridsagegames@gmail.com from the address you used to buy and I'll take care of it for you!

*(in fact, even if you search for that 32-bit installer via Google, they show you the x64 version first anyway!)

Edit: To add to that, I should mention that you can install the x86 version alongside the x64 version as they're completely separate things--no need to uninstall the first one or anything.

While I linked the 32-bit version in the install instructions, I should apparently clarify that the 64-bit version is not compatible, and emphasize to not install that one even if you have a 64-bit OS (which all Windows 10 versions are!) since you're the third person who's had this happen :P (I wonder if MS has been taking a different approach with manual installs on this thing, because it only started happening this past week...)

(Edit 2: Turns out OP's Windows installation was broken, confirmed later via email.)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 11:39:46 PM by Kyzrati »
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon