Grid Sage Forums

• April 19, 2024, 05:59:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Smooth movements  (Read 816 times)

Juan

• Unaware
    • View Profile
Smooth movements
« on: May 07, 2017, 07:01:37 AM »

Hello,

When you are slow and fat as hell, and you see an enemy robot with, lets say, 250% movement speed, sometimes it dissapears and you don't know where he went. So, I propose a way to see how the Cogmind, or any other robot, slides/moves from tile to tile. Just an idea, like this:

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Smooth movements
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 07:12:14 AM »

Yeah sliding isn't possible because a "faithful" terminal emulator like the one that powers Cogmind can't draw anything in between tiles.

So the alternative UI approach taken was to highlight the path along which they have moved--their "trail." That's what the colored line behind them represents. The length of time it remains is set as "Motion Trail Duration" in the options, but it currently already defaults to the maximum. So keep an eye out for that trail and you can see where it went! (Or use sensors or one of the other forms of tracking :P)

It's also likely I'll add another form of sensor later on that will help track robot paths over greater distances, but it's an optional feature and not in there yet. The primary way to always tell which way a robot went is to follow the direction of their motion trail.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Juan

• Unaware
    • View Profile
Re: Smooth movements
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 10:47:01 AM »

I understand, thank you! It's a minor thing, so, no pressure :)