Grid Sage Forums

• March 29, 2024, 05:15:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Progress Update: April 23rd, 2017  (Read 1216 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Progress Update: April 23rd, 2017
« on: April 22, 2017, 09:11:50 PM »

So, what's happening these days...

New items! As usual, adding a new map means new robots and mechanics, which often means new items :). Like:

That new map is finally done, meaning all 30 map types are now in. There could be more to come (along the way I've accumulated half a dozen interesting concepts I'd like to fit in), and some of the ones that already exist will still be getting some more content, but for now the world is officially "complete."

I've added a bunch of new challenge modes, which you can read about in this thread (updated OP). We now have eight, including also:
  • Devolution
  • Gauntlet
  • Super Gauntlet
  • Inhibited Evolution
  • No Salvage
  • Pure Core
As of a couple weeks ago I was thinking of releasing Alpha 15 next week to make the end of April, but then ended up adding too much extra unplanned content before (just now) getting to my still-long list of other little features and fixes. (How the project flow works I described on the blog in my dissection of the Alpha 14 changelog.) So that pushed the release date to May 2nd. No problem, more content is worth it!

Then cue this fateful week, where I ended up in the ER twice for separate serious injuries. Bad RNG! *Xom is highly amused!* (This can only be good for future dev, right? :P). So I'm no longer 100% sure I can make that date, but I'll try :). If not it'll be the week after that. In any case, as usual I'll post an image summary some days before it happens!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 05:33:58 AM by Kyzrati »
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon