Grid Sage Forums

• March 28, 2024, 01:54:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Weekly Seed #80 [Alpha 14] [Seed: Dead Silence]  (Read 1696 times)

zxc

• Cogmind
  • 1st place in the Best Escapes category during Alpha Challenge 2015 1st place in the High Scores category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Wiki Contributor Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Weekly Seed #80 [Alpha 14] [Seed: Dead Silence]
« on: April 15, 2017, 12:17:41 AM »

This week's seed: Dead Silence

The Weekly Seed is open to anyone, and we encourage you to share your experiences, stories, and tactics over the course of your run.

The rules are as follows:
  • The Weekly Seed begins from the date this thread is posted and lasts about seven days.
  • Make sure you are running the correct version of Cogmind (see thread subject).
  • Enter the seed and abort your current game to initiate the seed (more details are below).
  • Verify you are not running the tutorial and that the screenshots below match your game.
  • Play through the game once. This is a friendly event and we are all honest people.
  • When finished, post your scoresheet here (it should be the newest file in /scores) and any other screenshots/stories/strategies you wish to share with the community.
  • If you want to share details about the seed or your approach, make sure you use spoiler tags.
  • Due to the spoilerific nature of this thread, be sure to avoid reading details about the seed if you haven't completed your run.
  • As Cogmind now has multiple difficulty modes and challenges which will affect the world generation, by default it is assumed everyone is playing on regular difficulty with no challenges enabled. You are free to use whichever settings you wish, but if you intend on discussing it, be sure to specify what difficulty/challenges you're using!

Good luck and have fun!

HOW TO ENTER A SEED

Press F1 to go to the MENU, select OPTIONS, select Seed, and enter this week's seed:

Select GAME, select ABORT:

If you have followed the steps [Manual seed applied: Dead Silence] should display in the log window.

Congratulations on entering the seed, now get in there!

nuzcraft

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Seed #80 [Alpha 14] [Seed: Dead Silence]
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 08:02:34 PM »

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I played this seed this evening. I only made it to the mines (-10?, No evolutions.) when some a-hole derelict started broadcasting a signal, drawing a squad to our position. Made for a short run :(. I had fun though, recorded it. I'll edit and upload it to Youtube soon, so anyone can see me fail XD!

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 08:07:25 PM »

Hey nuzcraft, thanks for sharing! Hehehe, got caught up in an assault eh? -10 Mines is a grab bag of randomness :P

(I've been really wanting to get back into streaming the seeds myself, but with this concussion I just can't do it right now :()
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

nuzcraft

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 09:08:00 AM »

I can imagine :(. Get feelin' better man. I'm probably gonna try this seed again (avoiding the mines :P), and see if we can't do a bit better!

nuzcraft

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 06:37:18 AM »

As promised, here is a link to the vid: https://youtu.be/HEOXLszCZ48. I'm in the middle of a second run, and we're already faring better!  ;D

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 07:02:38 AM »

Hahaha "why did I not use the Grenade Launcher before?" Well, at least you discovered it before it was too late! You sure got lucky there, repeatedly, but with core that low you really should've just left as soon as you found that exit. And remember to remove your launcher when you're not using it so it doesn't get blown off (or misfires at a wall or ally due to corruption).
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

nuzcraft

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 09:44:08 PM »

Haha, thanks! I'm still learning the best practices, but seem to forget them more often than not. I remember a few times when my allies have blown up randomly due to "Rocket Launcher Misfire", I'll keep that in mind with crazy weapons from now on. I've recorded a second run here https://youtu.be/HfvsCi7JF48. It was a lot of fun, and I think I learned some!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I plan on recording some more, let me know if you have tips, tricks, suggestions.