Grid Sage Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:02:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Progress Update: March 24th, 2017  (Read 1159 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Progress Update: March 24th, 2017
« on: March 24, 2017, 08:31:49 AM »

Heads up! As we approach what would time-wise generally feel like the final stretch leading up to a new release, I should say that Alpha 15 will be longer in the making. Definitely April, but I'm trying to cram in all remaining major pre-EA features, and complete the story, and there are a lot of things to handle. Much of it won't even be seen by the majority of players, but it's better to get it all out of the way at once right now.

That said, as usual I'm also slipping in features that everyone can enjoy, like this week's TREAD CRUSHING! :D

All treads can do it, some better than others :P

Aside from the chance to instakill when ramming robots, using treads to ram also offers full protection against self-damage and destabilization.

Oh yeah, and if you use legs while ramming you can possibly just kick them out of the way and take no damage either (the victim takes no extra damage, just the usual mass-based ramming impact damage):

With five legs the chance is 100%... Outta my way!

Last week I celebrated passing the 7,000-hour threshold on Cogmind development...

How did I celebrate, you ask? By continuing to pile on the hours, of course!

I'm going to get much faster fiber installed (it apparently barely costs more than what I already pay...), so my future streams will hopefully be smoother once that happens :) (unfortunately when they tried to install it this week they found some issues to resolve and it has to bounce through a couple departments, so not sure when this might happen--living on a higher floor of a very old building has its drawbacks :P)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon