Grid Sage Forums

• March 19, 2024, 12:12:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: List of spelling mistakes and (potential) bugs  (Read 768 times)

DDarkray

• Cyborg
  • Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Wiki Contributor Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
List of spelling mistakes and (potential) bugs
« on: March 17, 2017, 07:50:20 PM »

1) In the in-game manual, under Utilities topic, under Storage heading, there's a typo for "detacthing".
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2) For all the signal interpreter's effects, there's no period at the end of the last sentence.
[...] subsequent ones will be identified on sight even without an interpreter(PERIOD)

3) Hunter's Scan Cloaking ability states:
This robot is hidden from sensor array detection without a signal interpreter of at least this level.
Where is "this level"?

4) VERYYYY long sound effect when accessing multiple commands in a terminal very rapidly (e.g. go to Data Miner, access a machine with lots of commands, and then use the keyboard to access everything rapidly)

5) If you collect derelict logs that show sections of the main complex map, and you see unknown exits, pressing 4 only shows known exits but not unknown exits.

6) If you do analysis() command, the rating of a robot does not match its actual rating. (e.g. Analysis says R-10 Processor's rating is 5 when its actual rating, based on R-10's data window, is 11.)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: List of spelling mistakes and (potential) bugs
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 08:15:12 PM »

1) In the in-game manual, under Utilities topic, under Storage heading, there's a typo for "detacthing".
Oops, fixed :)

2) For all the signal interpreter's effects, there's no period at the end of the last sentence.
[...] subsequent ones will be identified on sight even without an interpreter(PERIOD)
Thanks!

3) Hunter's Scan Cloaking ability states:
This robot is hidden from sensor array detection without a signal interpreter of at least this level.
Where is "this level"?
This has been reported and fixed for Alpha 15--notice there is an empty space where the value should be in the stats column (the context help text itself is actually correct).

4) VERYYYY long sound effect when accessing multiple commands in a terminal very rapidly (e.g. go to Data Miner, access a machine with lots of commands, and then use the keyboard to access everything rapidly)
This has been known since the first release (I'm don't seem to see a report for it here, though we've discussed it several times), but I haven't yet found a good way to fix it given the game's architecture. It's an extremely difficult problem, so I've left it for now.

It goes away as soon as you leave the window and get some other text typing sfx to start and stop elsewhere, which happens pretty quickly.

5) If you collect derelict logs that show sections of the main complex map, and you see unknown exits, pressing 4 only shows known exits but not unknown exits.
Good catch. I felt like something like that had happened before, but wasn't sure of it. Will fix. (Haven't confirmed, but I assume this is the case :P)

6) If you do analysis() command, the rating of a robot does not match its actual rating. (e.g. Analysis says R-10 Processor's rating is 5 when its actual rating, based on R-10's data window, is 11.)
Right, the "rating" shown by Analysis() is the actual general rating of the robot itself, as per the central system used to deploy them. The one shown in the robot information, on the other hand, is the calculated rating based on all of their actual components (so it can even change over time if they lose parts--it's done in real time).

Technically they shouldn't really use the same term, because they refer to different things. In most cases players don't even know the variant rating; I wonder if that even appears anywhere else? (Originally the variant rating was what was used in the robot item info, too, but I later changed it to a dynamic rating with a wider range so it was more interesting/meaningful. I forgot that the true rating was still reflected elsewhere.) I'll probably just change the term used by the Analysis() output to be something other than "rating," though honestly it's the best word in both cases...

(In the future, could you please separate multiple unrelated reports into their own threads? Typos can certainly all go together in a single post, but I can't file these others separately since they're all in the same post!)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

DDarkray

• Cyborg
  • Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Wiki Contributor Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 08:58:44 PM »

(In the future, could you please separate multiple unrelated reports into their own threads? Typos can certainly all go together in a single post, but I can't file these others separately since they're all in the same post!)

Sorry about that! I was afraid of acting too spammy if I do that. But next time, I'll keep this in mind.  :)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 03:36:53 AM »

Nah, as long as you're reporting an issue, this is good spam :D

Notice Widmo (a dev so he's more familiar with this kind of thing), posting like ten different threads in the same day for last alpha, hehe.

(It also helps greatly because then each title will itself be descriptive of the contents, which helps when people are searching for a certain bug thread. Rather than just "some bugs.")
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon