Grid Sage Forums

• March 18, 2024, 08:52:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Enineers' door mania  (Read 973 times)

Widmo

• Derelict
  • Wiki Contributor Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Bug Hunter Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Enineers' door mania
« on: March 07, 2017, 08:12:39 PM »

Have a look at attached screenshot. I know I totally demolished the nearby area during my fight against an assault squad but what the U-05 team did in response is just jarring. Yeah, they all open together.

Very strange! If you say it's AI's programmed attempt to confuse Widmo as punishment for creating too many reports and its not a bug I will totes buy it.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Enineers' door mania
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 11:20:51 PM »

If you say it's AI's programmed attempt to confuse Widmo as punishment for creating too many reports and its not a bug I will totes buy it.
Hahaha, maybe!

Seriously though, I vaguely recall someone mentioning a year or two ago that they saw 2-3 doors being put back where there was one before, but there was no apparent reason for it. This... this is pretty insane! I wonder how that happened--obviously it's totally outside the realm of what makes sense given their code.

That they all open together is normal behavior, of course, but I can't even begin to guess why they rebuilt the walls like that in the first place. I might be able to gather a clue or two if you could let me know the seed from that run.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Widmo

• Derelict
  • Wiki Contributor Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Bug Hunter Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 07:18:38 PM »

That most probably would be 1488585962.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 07:59:43 AM »

Thanks for the seed, but when I loaded up the old version to try and restore that state for closer examination, my layout looks slightly different--damn :/ (lots of dev since then, and maybe I've missed something in my restoration?).

If anyone else sees this happen, please drop a screenshot and seed here (with description if there are any special circumstances) and I'll jump on it right away. Some kinds of rare layouts combined with mass destruction do seem to attract door-crazy engineers :P

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 10:27:46 PM »

Alright got another report of this during Beta 1, while it was happening, and tracked down the cause, so it's fixed for the next release. Here it is being repeated w/seed "DisruptionGhostProjector"