Grid Sage Forums

• April 19, 2024, 04:04:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Neutral overheating robots do not flash red  (Read 726 times)

Widmo

• Derelict
  • Wiki Contributor Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Bug Hunter Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Neutral overheating robots do not flash red
« on: March 05, 2017, 09:08:24 PM »

Warning, this is Alpha 13 finding. I have been unable to reproduce it in Alpha 14.

Having equipped my tank with quad improved spread lasers I enjoyed melting many things. Somehow I must have made a recycler reach boiling point despite it is so fragile and got two messages in log it is overheating and its temperature display confirmed critical heat level. It did not move on its turn (still had a wheel) but did not flash red either.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Neutral overheating robots do not flash red
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 09:35:06 PM »

Nothing with regard to this changed between 13 and 14, so if it was an issue it still would be, but there are other reasonable explanations here, the most relevant being that only combat robots flash when they're at critical heat.

In the case of other robots if you ever see similar behavior: They can't glow until that specific AI takes a turn (as that's when it will report its current heat to the map). It can also be easy to miss the flash, since it only occurs for the first two seconds.

And quad spread lasers. Wow :P
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Widmo

• Derelict
  • Wiki Contributor Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Bug Hunter Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 02:33:06 PM »

only combat robots flash when they're at critical heat.
D'oh! And it sure must be somewhere in the manual or change log.

And quad spread lasers. Wow :P
Yep, was lots of fun! The loadout was almost as dangerous to myself as it was for my enemies. It did tend to single shot security class bots by critical meltdown fairly often.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 05:13:51 PM »

And it sure must be somewhere in the manual or change log.
Well, actually not in the manual, since there really wasn't anywhere appropriate to put that bit of information :/

But thanks for the mention, because it's about time to add a new subsection to Advanced UI that describes all the on-map robot-related temporary indicators. Most are mentioned somewhere or other, wherever relevant, but also putting them all in one place for reference will be useful (and give a nice place to fit in bits like this one which had nowhere to go).
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon