Grid Sage Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:31:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Failure to cycle all weapons in volley cancels target update  (Read 967 times)

Widmo

• Derelict
  • Wiki Contributor Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Bug Hunter Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Failure to cycle all weapons in volley cancels target update
« on: March 05, 2017, 09:02:33 PM »

Keyboard mode problem. Happens most often with single weapon firing. In presence of enemies I shot at a reactor and succeeded in destabilizing it. Good, explosion will take care of those swarmer bots. Time to switch targets. *kzzzt* Corruption cancels volley. Then I hit fast shoot button twice and unintentionally fire at the reactor again.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Failure to cycle all weapons in volley cancels target update
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 09:25:13 PM »

I don't think your description matches the cause of the issue at hand.

It's true that target updating doesn't happen after shooting at a machine, but it isn't caused by corruption or volley canceling. This isn't a bug, but rather intended behavior according to the current targeting rules (the ones introduced in Alpha 13, where you always recall your original non-robot target location), unless you can point to some other factor here.

That said, on a related note I've already planned to add new behavior for Alpha 15 to cover situations where you actually destroyed a machine with a given volley--it will assume you meant to destroy that machine and reset your target (this will not happen for destabilization, however).
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Widmo

• Derelict
  • Wiki Contributor Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Bug Hunter Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 02:34:31 PM »

I believe same thing will happen if you do the experiment in empty room and alternatively target two opposing corners. When corruption kicks in the sequence would be broken.

Going to test as soon as my Cogmind finds some shock traps.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 04:44:58 PM »

I could test it, I just needed a slightly clearer explanation of the process you're describing here--didn't quite get it the first time.

So what you're saying is you 1) fire at a target, then 2) try to fire at a different target but corruption cancels the entire volley, then 3) fire again but the preloaded target is the first one rather than the second?

Seems pretty clear, though I don't know whether or not I'll be able to address this particular edge case because the target handling system and corruption effects are in very different locations...

Widmo

• Derelict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 04:05:33 PM »

Yes, exactly this. It seems I have provided way too much context to the report which has made it unclear. Still did not get to test it because whenever this happened to me in last run I was in middle of aiming at same target. Will keep an eye on this.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 08:14:02 AM »

Okay, getting into the final issue-resolution stretch for the next release and was able to solve this pretty easily. It'll work as desired :)