Grid Sage Forums

• March 28, 2024, 12:32:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Cogmind now on Steam Greenlight!  (Read 1310 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Cogmind now on Steam Greenlight!
« on: February 13, 2017, 05:49:16 PM »

So this wasn't going to happen until a little further down the road (later this year after the upcoming 1.0), but Valve just announced they'll be shutting down Greenlight to replace it with... something, and rather than wait for all the details on that something, I've decided to go ahead and push Cogmind through Greenlight while it still exists.

And here it is, after nearly four years of full-time progress, Cogmind on Greenlight :D

If you want to see Cogmind on Steam so it's accessible to more players (== more dev time!), and with all that fancy achievement stuff and whatnot, vote, comment, spread the news and help make it happen!

For the "branding image" required by Greenlight I put together a fun composite gif showing an assortment of features:

Progress-wise everything has been smooth--that new map and all its mechanics/bots/items/events are now complete. The sudden Greenlight campaign will certainly delay Alpha 14 by a bit, but I still plan to release it this month (hm, this is an awfully short month :P).

Some dev shots from the past few days:

Activating a new terrain scanner, followed by the highest-density scan processor ever.

An emergent sequence of log messages that occurred while leading a friend into a new area :)

And now back to work!
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon