Grid Sage Forums

• April 25, 2024, 09:30:45 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Kyzrati & twitch streams  (Read 1200 times)

Senjai

• Unaware
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
Kyzrati & twitch streams
« on: February 20, 2017, 12:47:40 AM »

Oi! Kyzrati!

Still loving the game, but for some reason your streams aren't archived and I very much enjoy those too. On your twitch it only shows 5 videos :(

Any chance you'd be willing to archive them in the future for us less fortunate to catch them? :D

Any other twitch streamers stream the game?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Kyzrati & twitch streams
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 06:02:22 PM »

Hey Senjai!

Yeah Twitch itself can only archive so many streams, and I didn't set up archiving on YouTube... Part of the reason is it's yet another thing to do and I'm always swamped with work, and another is that these are alpha streams and Cogmind changes a good bit from release to release, so their value is really mostly... historical?

As for the past month, I've been sick and coughing a lot, not to mention extremely busy with development, so I unfortunately haven't been doing any new streams :(. I've certainly wanted to!

Maybe I'll YT-archive some/future streams, as I know they can be valuable, although another reason for not wanting to do it that I've brought up before is that I kind of like the ephemeral nature of the recordings--with anything that might have any lasting power I tend think too much about the future and the whole thing might not feel as natural :P

As for other streamers, there are several, some regular some not-so-regular. gammafunk and Shobalk have done a good bit of streaming in the past, and zxc sometimes puts his runs up on YouTube. gammafunk is really the only one I know of who does a lot of talking and discussing through the run, though, much like myself :). He does combat runs.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Senjai

• Unaware
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 08:34:51 PM »

I know gammafunk, I watch his dcss content. I know zxc from the crawl irc too! Had no idea he had a YT.

As for usefulness, I know, not very useful. I just watch roguelikes in the background while I work, anything else is too distracting. Also just a fan :P

I get the ephermal nature dealy, just saying you all make great content. Maybe I can badger zxc into a few more YT vids :D

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 08:39:29 PM »

zxc might do more public/teaching-oriented stuff in the future, dunno. (I know he's more into doing a written guide, though.) Most of his videos are end game or crazy stuff, and some he keeps private/unlisted.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon