Grid Sage Forums

• April 19, 2024, 01:41:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Progress Update: January 30th, 2017  (Read 1268 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Progress Update: January 30th, 2017
« on: January 29, 2017, 11:37:21 PM »

Alpha 14 dev is cruising along, the biggest new feature so far being support for optional difficulty modes I've been occasionally mentioning over the past few months. The next blog post will cover that, so more details forthcoming. For now, I can at least show you an image of Leaderboards 2.0 at work :)

This past week on the blog I posted a new article "Pricing a Roguelike" that explains how Cogmind's price points were determined, the effects of tiered pricing and price changes, and what funding can do for roguelikes. It's mostly a dev-oriented piece, but players might be interested, too. Where players are concerned, the amount of support has been just enough to keep new features coming to Cogmind throughout alpha, so thanks to all of you for that!

Also this month, Cogmind got a two-page spread in PC Guru, a magazine in Hungary. The editor said it was one of the best early access games they previewed in 2016. Another roguelike dev, darkgnosis of Dungeons of Everchange, sent me a pic:

(With sidebars for Dwarf Fortress, NetHack, and URR!)

Next I'm looking at adding some new secondary mechanics, and finishing the last of the maps ;D
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 07:56:49 PM by Kyzrati »
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon