Grid Sage Forums

• April 19, 2024, 12:01:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: [QoL] Polymind new host move warning for mouse  (Read 1290 times)

R-26 Lightspeed

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
[QoL] Polymind new host move warning for mouse
« on: January 01, 2023, 04:26:22 AM »

When you want to attack an enemy, and you're using the mouse, you left click on them.

In Polymind, if your detection level isn't 100.0%, this makes you move instead which can be somewhat annoying.

There is however one scenario where it's really annoying :
When i've just taken control of a new host after leaving one in the middle of a fight (where i was just left-clicking to attack), making my detection rate lower by a little bit.
Because i've just been using left click to attack several times, i do it again, making me move instead, making my detection rate reach 100.0%, meaning the unaware get free shots on me.
This happens every single time i get a new host during a fight, and the last time it happened, it might have been the difference between life and death¹ (I died, placing me 11th on the score leaderboards).

¹I had made mistakes that brought me into this dangerous state, but still.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: [QoL] Polymind new host move warning for mouse
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 05:24:05 AM »

Yeah I'd say definitely slow down for now :P

This'd be something to do if it's maybe revisited in the future, but for now we're done with updates on the event unless hotfixes are needed (unfortunately there was one today for a potential serious issue just discovered). Always a ton of room for even more QoL possibilities, but it's just a temporary event so it's time to get back to work on the real game!
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon