Grid Sage Forums

• March 28, 2024, 12:34:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Crash after robot hacking attempt.  (Read 510 times)

Valguris

• Cyborg
  • Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win
    • View Profile
Crash after robot hacking attempt.
« on: November 05, 2017, 12:18:03 PM »

I tried to hack a robot. I clicked manual hack, so on the right the manual hack codes appeared. Then I cancelled manual hack and proceeded with a normal one. Window with manual codes stayed open after I attempted the hack. I tried to close it by pressing esc and clicking on it -- one of these didn't work, the other must've caused the game to crash. Unfortunately I can't remember which one did what.

There is no crash.log. After the crash I found an option for automatic reporting and turned it on, but apparently running Cogmind to do this reset run.log.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Crash after robot hacking attempt.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 06:01:13 PM »

Ah thanks for the steps to reproduce! Haven't had this happen before since everyone seems to be using Escape to close the manual robot hacking window. Apparently you closed it by clicking on the 'X' button, and in this case that won't close the associated code help window at the same time!

I tested both and the Escape method works normally, so my guess is you probably tried the 'X' button first, and when that left the other two windows showing you tried Escape, which would then do nothing. (And of course after that it'll crash.) I've fixed it, though until the next update if you're in this situation use Escape instead.

Thanks!
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon