Grid Sage Forums

• March 28, 2024, 02:42:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Cogmind in a multi-monitor setup?  (Read 1601 times)

Xanthos

• Unaware
  • Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Cogmind in a multi-monitor setup?
« on: January 10, 2017, 10:10:03 PM »

Kyzrati,

I wanted to say that Cogmind actually looks very nice in 36 font @ 11520x2160, though the menu spacing's a bit off far to the right.  For your records, I've found it has a few performance issues - in particular, the upgrade menu really bogs down until the matrix finishes loading, hah.

In all seriousness, the reason for the thread is that I'd love to run it on just one monitor of my surround setup, without breaking apart my 'single' screen. Is there any way to control the horizontal size of the window?  My little bit of poking around didn't turn up anything obvious.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Cogmind in a multi-monitor setup?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 10:23:46 PM »

Hey Xanthos, 11520x2160... wow :)

You can control the horizontal size of the window, yes, but that will naturally require using windowed mode. I don't believe it's currently possible in fullscreen. However, using windowed mode would add the title bar and therefore reduce the font size one step, to 32x32. I can help you set that up if you like. (Basically you just switch to windowed mode, and while Cogmind is not running you can open user/cogmind.cfg and edit the mapWidth value to reduce it.)

Now that we have borderless windowed/fullscreen mode, I may be able to rig that to allow different widths...

looks very nice in 36 font @ 11520x2160, though the menu spacing's a bit off far to the right.
Could you attach a screenshot so I can see what you mean? (And I guess you have your screens set up in some special way? Myself and others play as normal on our multimonitor setups, with Cogmind on only one monitor.)

And I can imagine there are performance issues with that massive screen area--that's... a heck of a lot of terminal cells to render! The evolution screen in particular is a lot of particles moving around if you've got the space for it.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon