Grid Sage Forums

• April 23, 2024, 12:34:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Sealing a garrison disarms nearby traps  (Read 553 times)

Widmo

• Derelict
  • Wiki Contributor Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Bug Hunter Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Sealing a garrison disarms nearby traps
« on: January 08, 2017, 05:51:15 AM »

I acted especially naugty and installed a segregator trap right in front of a garrison entry point in case my attempt to seal it failed. I succeeded but upon disconnect I noticed the trap was no longer there (Cogmind was not standing on it)! A bug or did I have a perception glitch? The garrision was one with two-square long "wings". No screenshot available right now but will save a picture when I find another one.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Sealing a garrison disarms nearby traps
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 08:25:59 AM »

Hehe, naughty indeed.

This one's easily repeated with your explanation so no screenshot necessary.

Notice that the space you trapped in this case is where the entrance appears if you unlock it, so that particular spot is not a normal floor but a locked entrance. You can install a trap there, but either opening or sealing it permanently changes the "floor" at that position, destroying anything that's attached to it.

The solution is, um, don't install traps on the entrance space--do it one space back (or better from a tactical point of view: at a diagonal since it'll be easier to lure them across it).

Edit: I added a log message so that the player knows why the trap isn't there anymore.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 08:33:41 AM by Kyzrati »
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon