Grid Sage Forums

• April 19, 2024, 01:26:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Data upload capability  (Read 999 times)

Widmo

• Derelict
  • Wiki Contributor Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Bug Hunter Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Data upload capability
« on: December 21, 2016, 09:13:27 AM »

I would like to be able to upload known part and robot schematics to Talas' terminals. Same for Unaware class analysis data. He is really generous so why not repay some of that kindness right there on the spot? If you are worried this would be option only taken by role players offer a single bonus score point for each piece of data uploaded. Maybe reduce bonus for meeting Talas for balance.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Data upload capability
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 07:46:44 PM »

Well, with regard to this specific suggestion there is a way you may not have discovered yet whereby you can get a, um, ridiculous amount of Unaware analysis data to upload in this fashion, so in order to maintain balance it might not work out to make just the few you may have on a normal run incredibly valuable scorewise.

That said, I will possibly take this suggestion and expand it to embellish a certain facet of the plot. It's given me some ideas and would also add some of that role-playing value you're looking for here. (Might not get to this for a while, though.)

Besides that, as I guess you know there is already a way to help him out. Actually several ways.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Widmo

• Derelict
  • Wiki Contributor Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Bug Hunter Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 09:18:15 PM »

I know of at least two ways to help him out. One of those is suggested by directly by him.

Frankly I care little about such actions having score impact or not. I am sure you can find a good solution to this problem. It just feels silly of Cogmind to leech all that data and leave nothing in return, even if the host is fine with this because it suits his purposes.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 09:44:21 PM »

Yeah I did think of a way to work it into the plot to give it more meaning, though it's of secondary importance so lower priority for now. Would be the kind of thing I might like to add post-1.0.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon