Grid Sage Forums

• April 23, 2024, 09:47:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Progress Update: December 8th, 2016  (Read 1190 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Progress Update: December 8th, 2016
« on: December 07, 2016, 07:50:48 PM »

Alpha 13 production is underway, and this time we'll be focusing on stuff that's not quite so late-game!

In that vein, we have a new mechanic that might help in a pinch when low on parts while spelunking: Scrap! Find matter and (somewhat damaged) components in these treasure chest-like piles sometimes found around the caves and mines. They could save your life!

An example of searching one:

On the UI side, despite all the different notices, some players still don't realize they're short on some resource (okay, I'm guilty, too xD), because it's easy to become desensitized to them and filter them out. This is especially true with something like core integrity, which often isn't a worry, until it is!

So there are new (optional) pop-up indicators directly on the map. You'll never not know you're about to experience a dire emergency again!

As an interesting side effect of the system, when you load a run in progress, all the applicable alerts and warnings will trigger at once :). This also happens each time you enter a new floor.

This week I streamed my combat run through the weekly seed, and won. You can read a bit about it here (or, if so inclined, watch a bit of it to learn how to piss off the enemy and survive :P).

Also, a reminder to please vote for Cogmind over on IndieDB :D. Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 07:17:56 AM by Kyzrati »
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon