Grid Sage Forums

• April 24, 2024, 09:59:04 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: How useful is parse (robot hacking)?  (Read 2702 times)

DDarkray

• Cyborg
  • Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Wiki Contributor Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
How useful is parse (robot hacking)?
« on: November 30, 2016, 06:55:40 AM »

I've never really understand the usefulness of parse. It feels like Scan Processor which simply gives information. Any thoughts?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: How useful is parse (robot hacking)?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 12:06:22 AM »

Hm, "thoughts from the developer" :P : Parse was meant mostly for flavor/fluff, which I've heard some players catch on to. I just wanted something that wasn't very difficult to hack, but might be interesting/fun/helpful in some way. There could be other hacks at some point in the future, but worthwhile-less-difficult hacks weren't so easy to fit in.

As I recall, the primary use I can think of is it tells you exactly how corrupted the target's system is, which is something you don't otherwise know, so it can be a way to understand that aspect of the game and how certain actions have or haven't impacted it. We've now moved closer to full data transparency and accessibility with regards to other robot info that was previously gated, but this one remains an unknown...
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon