Grid Sage Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:24:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Progress Update: November 4th, 2016  (Read 1201 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Progress Update: November 4th, 2016
« on: November 03, 2016, 08:20:05 PM »

About time to report in again! Lots of things going on...

I'm currently working on the final branch of the game, which is about half done at this point. Yep can't say anything about that :P

Over on the dev blog there's a new ongoing series about Weaving Narratives into Procedural Worlds. The latest post includes a diagram somewhat abstractly mapping out all the major NPC encounters in the game, which doubles as a meta game for players who've already done a lot of exploring, trying to figure out what's what. That's happening over in this thread. Naturally this involves major spoilers.

Cumulative Cogmind development investment recently surpassed the 6,000-hour mark!

(Also this funny modified version by Caves of Qud dev Brian Bucklew.) We're obviously getting closer to done here, but thanks to strong support from every one of you I've been able to edge in a lot more little features that there otherwise wouldn't be time to do!

After 11 years I finally got a new monitor. Due to the climate here (and simply its age...) the old one one started splitting open all on its own a while ago, and they'd increased in number and size to the point that I was having trouble moving windows/art around to find places that weren't covered in crap so I could see it :P. No seriously, these cracks have been annoying:

(There are also even more vertical cracks, but you can't see them in the pic because they're too thin.) I never really had enough money to justify getting a new monitor until the old one actually croaked, but on the spur of the moment decided to check the current price of a replacement and--wow, they were on 24-hour super sale for really cheap. Immediately bought ;D

Since the last update I've gotten an earlier than usual start on QoL features for this next release, which I'll just drop here and explain more on release day :)

Smart manual hacking autocompletion:

Access to query references in keyboard mode:

Optional automatic solo-readying for a newly attached launcher:

As a thanks to those players who've been reporting the most bugs over these months of Alpha, I've handed out a new Bug Hunter badge on the forum, appropriately represented by this little fellow: . Thanks for your help, everyone!

Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon