Grid Sage Forums

• April 16, 2024, 12:56:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Amphouse: "Why..."  (Read 1932 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Amphouse: "Why..."
« on: October 18, 2016, 07:24:30 PM »

Yesterday Cogmind player Amphouse dropped something in a not so friendly area to reorganize his inventory, when all of a sudden...

Afterwards we saw he was decked out in Damper Plating because
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Amphouse

• Unaware
  • Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
Re: Amphouse: "Why..."
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 04:10:46 PM »

IT WAS SOUL CRUSHING. Although I should clarify, I "dropped" it because the compactor destroyed one of my large storage units. I swear they always go for those first. 

Oh well, at least I know where to get that artifact again if I really want to ID it. (It was the Zhirov one)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 07:45:41 PM »

Ah, I was wondering why you had all that stuff on the ground. Okay that makes more sense--no less soul crushing, though! :P

They are certainly more likely than usual to smash your valuable stuff since as impact damage it ignores coverage rules.

zxc

• Cogmind
  • 1st place in the High Scores category during Alpha Challenge 2015 1st place in the Best Escapes category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Shared a Confirmed Stealth Win Kyzrati Patron Bug Hunter Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Wiki Contributor Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 10:52:22 PM »

Once upon a time, blade traps severed your large storage units.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 05:17:38 AM »

If that is a subtle hint to remove that capability for Compactors, it's intentionally like that, after the fact :P
Quote from: the Source:
// (intentionally allowing these to crush EFFECT_INV_CAPACITY, unlike other part destruction)

But yeah large storage used to be hell to use when they were low on integrity, higher on coverage, susceptible to crits, blowable by Saboteurs, severable by traps and slashing weapons... basically super annoying to try and maintain an inventory xD

Happylisk

• Sigix
  • Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 2nd place in the Best Escapes category during Alpha Challenge 2015 2nd place in the High Scores category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Shared a Confirmed Combat Win Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 07:24:16 AM »

*pours a 40 out for his high capacity storage units