Grid Sage Forums

• April 25, 2024, 06:20:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Progress Update: September 23rd, 2016  (Read 1383 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Progress Update: September 23rd, 2016
« on: September 22, 2016, 10:25:16 PM »

I'm back! Well, technically I've been back for a few days, but the jet lag has been killer xD

The previous week I was mostly out of commission as I prepared for and made my way over to the Roguelike Celebration, which turned out to be basically the most awesome event ever. It was so much fun to meet that many other big name devs, including some I've known online for a while. It's not that often (okay, pretty much ever...) that I get to talk about roguelikes face-to-face with anyone. Cogmind fans new and old showed up as well, which was great :D

(You can see a list identifying everyone here, but even without the list it's probably not too hard to figure out who I am :P)

I did a writeup about the experience on the blog here. In all about 200 people attended, and the talks were both streamed and later uploaded to YouTube. My talk is .

In the end it was also a good opportunity to spread the word about Cogmind, which spurred sales to get us an influx of fresh players and fund ongoing development (kinda important :P). Well, technically it was a net loss for the budget since I had to travel so far, but it's hard to place a value on getting to meet so many cool people in one place!

Now that I'm finally back, it's time to put the pedal to the metal and finish up Alpha 11. A lot has been done already, but there's still a good bit to go, so I'm not yet ready to suggest a release date. All next week I'll be working on new maps before getting back to little features, but I do have a little something I can share today:

Firing a thermal cannon with a charge animation now also drains your HUD brightness for the duration of the charge :D

In other news, we have a semi-official Discord channel for Cogmind on the r/roguelikes server, where you can chat with other regular players (some of whom are also on the forums here). I hang out there most days, and have been there for a couple months now, but wanted to wait to see if it would continue to be a thing before announcing it. There are also channels for a bunch of other roguelikes, and more recently devs from those games have been showing up as well, including Caves of Qud, DoomRL/Jupiter Hell, and Dungeonmans. You can join via this link!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 12:53:38 AM by Kyzrati »
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon