Grid Sage Forums

• March 28, 2024, 03:23:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Steam keys for prime tier  (Read 1560 times)

Elronnd

• Derelict
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
    • em.slashem.me
Steam keys for prime tier
« on: August 10, 2016, 11:49:44 PM »

I actually purchased cogmind quite a while ago, and haven't played much since.  I thought I would get back into the game, and as a part of my scanning the entirety of the site and clicking on every link that looked remotely interesting, I noticed something.  On the purchase page it says that the prime, improved, and advanced tiers will all get a steam key.  However, in the "Fine Print" section, it says

Steam keys cannot be issued until Cogmind is on Steam, which will not be until the game is closer to completion some time in late 2016 (?). When the time comes, in the case of Improved/Advanced tiers Steam keys go out directly to the owners of each copy of Cogmind.

What about the prime tier?  Do they not get a steam key as well?  Do they not go out "directly"?  What would that even mean?  Is this just a typo?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 03:06:21 PM by Elronnd »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Steam keys for prime tier
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 12:05:14 AM »

Sorry, the situation might not be super clear to anyone who hasn't bought the Improved/Advanced tier. The reason for that wording is that when someone buys one of those tiers, they receive multiple links that they can distribute to gift the game to others, and so initially the questions I was receiving were how those other players would be able to get their Steam key in the future, i.e. whether they'd have to do it through the person who originally bought the tier.

As the Prime tier only involves one person with one email and one key, there's no issue there--as expected it can go straight to that one person without any confusion. I'll add more text on the site to clarify!

And thanks for supporting Cogmind :D
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Elronnd

• Derelict
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
    • em.slashem.me
Re: Steam keys for prime tier
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 03:07:06 PM »

Ah, okay, that clears it right up.  Thanks for making this awesome (so far) game!