Grid Sage Forums

• March 28, 2024, 03:34:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Zooming issues in REXPaint  (Read 2242 times)

Qydra

• Unaware
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
Zooming issues in REXPaint
« on: July 03, 2016, 02:04:51 PM »

Hello!  I love the whole feel and function of REXPaint, and I would love to use it for my ASCII art, but there's one issue I found that makes it difficult to get into: I really wish you could resize the window for working on bigger pieces of art.  When I use the current zoom function that makes the font bigger and smaller, the entire WINDOW resizes with it and so I can't actually see more of my picture.  Is this a bug?  A compatibility issue with Windows 10? 

I would love to be able to click and drag the borders to make the window bigger.  Any chance you could add this function in a future update?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Zooming issues in REXPaint
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 04:58:07 PM »

Dragging to resize isn't possible due to the architecture, no. And there's no bug there--it's working as designed. To see more of an image at once, use a different canvas size (possibly combined with a smaller font, if necessary), which you can set in the options menu (F2). As it indicates, restarting RP is required for a canvas size change to take effect. (Also know there are multiple methods for scrolling around images to see different sections of them.)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

gumix

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 06:30:26 PM »

@K: How is that in Cogmind? Also fixed size there?

Qydra

• Unaware
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 08:16:51 PM »

@K:  Thank you so much!  I couldn't find those preferences.  I now see that menu mentioned in the manual, but it was for something else and I hadn't read that far.  Now I can get to work.  Kudos!

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 08:47:07 PM »

@gumix: Yep, same engine, same issue. Changing the dimensions requires a restart. The alternative is to have an external script (or something...) that can be run to shut down the program and restart it with the new settings, but that's kinda messy.

@Qydra: Excellent! You'll find lots of features and explanations that are only in the manual, since the in-RP help is pretty minimal. Especially check the hotkey list towards the end, since that will give you an idea of functions that aren't listed in the F1 menu which might do something you need.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon