Grid Sage Forums

• March 29, 2024, 03:00:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Vacation Notice!  (Read 2356 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Vacation Notice!
« on: June 14, 2016, 10:22:31 PM »

This dev is going on vacation!

It's been years since I've seen my parents and other family, and everyone is eager to hang out with my son, so from Thursday evening I'll be gone for the next three and a half weeks. It's not an ideal time for me since I'd rather Cogmind hit 1.0 before taking any time off, but my ancient grandparents might not be around much longer, and they'd like to spend time with their great grandson, so it's important to do this now.

During this period there will be very little in the way of active development, though I will still be in contact via the usual methods--email/forums/social media/etc. Responses just might not come at the speeds you're used to from when I'm sitting at my laptop all day working here :)

Over on the blog I posted a new article on Iterative UI Design, taking the recently added inventory sorting feature as an example:
I will try to use some downtime to write more blog posts, something I've been too busy with dev work to do at the same rate I used to during pre-alpha.

In case you didn't see it, I posted a stat summary from Alpha 8.

Also, in some good news it looks like my shoulder will probably heal on its own. The bone is a little crooked, but is now half-attached ("partial union"), so it's a matter of not disturbing it for another month while it finishes filling in the other half with bone--great, the entirety of this vacation xD. Then on to physical therapy...

I'll start work on Alpha 10 shortly after returning, and as the general dev cycle for a single major release is about four weeks, that on top of the vacation time means the next release won't be for a while. I could try to squeeze it out by around the end of July / very early August, but as usual it will also depend on how much new content needs to go in. It's theoretically possible based on my current plans for Alpha 10, which will include the Armory as one of its primary features.

At least with the new Alpha 9 Cogmind is in a pretty good place right now :D
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon