Grid Sage Forums

• April 19, 2024, 11:55:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Upcoming Features (Alpha 8)  (Read 2622 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Upcoming Features (Alpha 8)
« on: April 24, 2016, 08:26:00 PM »

The caves are about to get a lot more interesting.

But, well, I'm not showing any of that...

One of these days I need to spoil stuff, because honestly it's sometimes tough pulling together enough to advertise a new major release without spoiling anything xD

So as usual, here's a peek at what's coming in Alpha 8, which I'm planning to release soon. "Soon" as in this week soon.

Real-time FOV updating as obstructions are destroyed (optional).

FOV reveals support fade-in (also optional).

Hold the ` key to brighten and color known areas outside FOV.

Part/inventory data visualization includes a relative mass mode (for a total of six optional info modes).

-1/Access has been barren too long, so now there are more machines to entertain you.

If you can find drones equipped with terrain scanning gear, they'll share that intel with you, too.

Some NPCs require bump-to-talk, and if they have unspoken dialogue when you see them they'll be marked with a blinking '?' (in addition to the regular indicators--a '?' in the scan window, and a glowing "(transmission)" in their info window).

A couple dozen new parts, the art for which you can see a few samples of here.

Gallery item collection percent is now animated.

AI initialization is now optimized to avoid the short pause during the first turns in large maps like Factory. Here you can see the AIs gradually waking up over the first few turns on the map, beginning with those closest to your starting position.

Okay I guess there was some stuff worth showing after all :P

For the best you'll just have to play, although I'll give some more direction in the proper release notes, including coverage of the many non-visual features.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon