Grid Sage Forums

• March 29, 2024, 01:08:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Progress Update: April 21, 2016  (Read 1204 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Progress Update: April 21, 2016
« on: April 21, 2016, 08:16:52 AM »

The meat of Alpha 8 is mostly complete. Not much to show you, though, because as you probably know by now I like players to have the opportunity to discover things for themselves. Lots of fun new stuff on the way ;D

The release would ideally be next week, though I've been slowed a bit due to a bike accident and the resulting repeated doctor visits this week (basically: bikers coming at me on my side of the path insisted on blocking my way, and I swerved at the last second to avoid them and wiped out, ripping much of the skin off the outside of my lower left leg >:().

Regardless, the next announcement will be the usual release preview, once I'm pretty sure of the date. I still have to finish some of the new branch content, then decide whether there's enough time to add a few more of the items from the general feature list. I'm still looking at next week, but it'll depend on how smoothly the next couple days go, and how much I try to cram in at the last minute :P

Meanwhile, over on the blog I posted an article about FOV Aesthetics. Spoiler-free, so check that out if you're interested in some technical and design discussion, with of course a bunch of images. For example, this demo of a new optional feature: FOV fade-in

Okay, now I've got some robots to code :D
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon