Grid Sage Forums

• April 25, 2024, 01:15:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Progress Update: March 29, 2016  (Read 1412 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Progress Update: March 29, 2016
« on: March 29, 2016, 10:25:50 AM »

Sherlockkat has discovered an unfortunate bug, where in rare cases the only cave exit from a given section could be rendered inaccessible by earth collapsing directly on top of it.

As an unfair game-ending event, this demands a hotfix, but I've decided not to release a 7c because it's a mere one-line fix to the code and doesn't break seed or save compatibility, so I've instead stealth-updated the official 7b download.

If you already have Alpha 7b, to update either re-download the game and migrate as usual, or take the easier route and just download the patch here and overwrite your 7b .exe.

(Clarification: Anyone who gets Alpha 7 via their download link after this post doesn't need to worry about updating!)

Thanks for the report, Sherlockkat!

I considered releasing the other content updates I've made in the past week as a true 7c, but decided against it since that's how we got 7b and this problem in the first place--releasing some really recent work without enough final testing (if you recall I rushed the end of Alpha 7 a bit to get it out a week early).

Anyway, Alpha 8 is in the works, moving towards filling in the missing cave content. Expect to see it in April!
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon