Grid Sage Forums

• April 19, 2024, 11:07:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Milestone Reached: 2,000 supporters!  (Read 1238 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Milestone Reached: 2,000 supporters!
« on: March 29, 2016, 08:08:59 AM »

This past weekend we reached a pretty big milestone, and I realized that by now this makes Cogmind one of the most funded ASCII roguelikes in history, along with ADOM, Caves of Qud, and Dwarf Fortress. And by comparison, all of those games have had a decade or more to build their following, compared to Cogmind's somewhat shorter lifespan (2.8 years of full-time dev, or 4 years since its inception as a 7DRL).

I never imagined this would happen, certainly not a few years ago before I had even started developing full time and was just doing this as a hobby. Of course, I'm still in debt at this point, but I think it's reasonable to expect that will change with time :P. Hopefully later this year when I'm planning the leap to Steam... Lots to do before then, though. What's more important is that Cogmind be awesome, and the next few months will be crucial!

THANK YOU ALL for your support so far! Cogmind is becoming an even better game than I planned time for, made possible due to the steady funding the alpha has been able to bring in.

Your grateful roguelike dev,
  Kyzrati
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon