Grid Sage Forums

• April 25, 2024, 05:55:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Cogmind VS Joypad  (Read 3187 times)

Enno

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
Cogmind VS Joypad
« on: March 22, 2016, 08:41:17 AM »

Today i asked myself if it's possible to play Cogmind with an Joypad.
so i searched for my old one, a very cheap just a digipad with four shoulder-buttons and
these four standart(thumb?-)buttons. googled for an program what brings the keyboard-keys to the pad-buttons. (for win 10 i found and tried joytokey). simple setup the pad and started cogmind.
It is so great that i just want to share this as an alternative controloption.
sure, for the micro-management you still need the keyboard but you need only one hand.
For Example my setup looks like this L1=change target(tab) / L2=.(wait) / R1= Ctrl / R2=shift / X=shoot / []=a / /\=g / ()=alt, for the movement the vi-keys to the 8-way-digicross ...
You see you have just (for example) to press R1 & R2 with the right hand and with the left you can change the parts. ideal for lazy couch potatos.   
...now i ask me if it's possible to controll Cogmind by speech. :D

try it out as an alternative..it's really fun and i am sure that u even can bring the micro-management to the pad/controller when it's better than the crap i tried out.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 10:20:33 AM by Enno »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Cogmind VS Joypad
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 09:44:43 PM »

Huh, another crazy experiment on par with the "Cogmind on a phone," in this case something I wouldn't have expected anyone to try given how many keys Cogmind uses! (...all of them :P)

Too bad nothing official is realistic on this front, given how popular game pads are these days.

Are you really playing through entire runs like this? It's amazing what people come up with :)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Enno

• Derelict
  • Weekly Seed Participant Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
Re: Cogmind VS Joypad
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 05:23:32 AM »

today i tested a xbox369 replicat-pad with more buttons...and it is possible
to play cogmind-runs 70-80% with controller. even hacking on an terminal
is possible when you had well prepared your buffer.txt..
for the numbers and letters need for the micro-mamagement,
i just lay a mini blutooth keyboard by my side...cogmind meets console-feeling :D