Grid Sage Forums

• April 25, 2024, 03:59:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Progress Update: March 7, 2016  (Read 1525 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Progress Update: March 7, 2016
« on: March 07, 2016, 12:58:33 AM »

Okay, don't want to go too long without an official update here, so here's how things stand:

As expected, the past week of development has been fairly slow what with moving and all. Here's my entire wardrobe in a single suitcase :P

Last week I also set up my new workstation--okay, it's all the same aging hardware I've been using for years, but it's in a new location with inspirational shades of green outside!

How's that for an office window view? ;)

At this point (actually a week ago), the upcoming Alpha 7 changelog has already reached a length that satisfies my personal conditions for a "major release" on par with the previous ones, but I've been aiming to avoid breaking up the new areas into too many separate releases, which is why I haven't released it yet.

But in the interest of getting a new release out there, I'll finish what more I can over the next couple weeks then release Alpha 7 regardless of the state of the content. In short, you'll find that a major new branch has opened up, but you'll only be able to partially explore it, and that area of the world will have less variety than you'll eventually encounter there.

As usual, before Alpha 7 comes out I'll post a preview with whatever I can screenshot without spoiling too much ;D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 01:09:30 AM by Kyzrati »
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon