Grid Sage Forums

• March 29, 2024, 07:20:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Moving image on the background  (Read 1176 times)

kamakazza

• Unaware
    • View Profile
Moving image on the background
« on: August 18, 2020, 04:39:18 AM »

Hello guys, i'm painting a huge wilderness map of a MUD and i would like to ask if there is a way to literally move the image on the black background.

I paint pieces by pieces of the wilderness map, and it's growing in size and so i resize the image consequently. But everytime i need to move the image down because i'm near the "border" by cut/paste way down.
Is there a way to move directly the image without cut/paste? It gets complicated as the image gets bigger.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Moving image on the background
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 05:38:24 AM »

Welcome kamakazza! This depends on what you mean by "move the image," but if I'm guessing correctly you want to shift the entire image you've drawn on the canvas? If so then you do this via these commands under the Canvas subsection of the manual's Commands list:
Code: [Select]
Shift-Arrow/Numpad      Shift all layers in indicated direction (wraps)
Shift-Ctrl-Arrow/Numpad Shift active layer in indicated direction (wraps)

If you mean something else then an example or a bit more specificity is required here, but there are a number of different shifting options available. Be sure to check the manual for the full list of features and relevant hotkeys, since there are quite a few of them :)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

kamakazza

• Unaware
    • View Profile
Re: Moving image on the background
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 11:29:00 AM »

Welcome kamakazza! This depends on what you mean by "move the image," but if I'm guessing correctly you want to shift the entire image you've drawn on the canvas? If so then you do this via these commands under the Canvas subsection of the manual's Commands list:
Code: [Select]
Shift-Arrow/Numpad      Shift all layers in indicated direction (wraps)
Shift-Ctrl-Arrow/Numpad Shift active layer in indicated direction (wraps)

If you mean something else then an example or a bit more specificity is required here, but there are a number of different shifting options available. Be sure to check the manual for the full list of features and relevant hotkeys, since there are quite a few of them :)

Thank you Kyzrati! Shift+Arrows did the trick! Way more easy now that i can move everything without cut/pasting piece by piece!
I even discovered transparency that help me a lot when copy/paste various images into one.