Grid Sage Forums

• April 24, 2024, 07:33:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: A small Bug with fonts  (Read 1591 times)

Loeris

• Unaware
    • View Profile
A small Bug with fonts
« on: April 26, 2020, 08:54:32 AM »

Hi. I really like font adding in Rexp. I think this unique feauture is really great.
But I have noticed one bug, connected with this feature. When you change an Art font and do not change the GUI font the icon nearby the "Glyph" word shows glyth in the GUI font, but should do it in the Art font.

I understand wherefrom this bug comes(separated GUI and Art font(It is great feature too)), and don't see an easy way to fix it.
Maybe you can try write a special mark to use the Art front nearby the "Glyph" word.
This isn't really big bug and often it even doesn't make troubles(because I don't really watch on the "Glyth" very often, I usually watch on the "Font palette")

Also I noticed, what when you edit the Font and the high left pixel is black, Rexp thinks, that colors (255,255,255),(255,0,0),(255,255,0),(255,0,255) are foreground and (0,0,0),(0,255,255),(0,255,0),(0,0,255) are background.
I don't know is it bug or feature, but it doesn't cause problems, so it's feauture)

Loeris

• Unaware
    • View Profile
Re: A small Bug with fonts
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 10:21:55 AM »

Also
Where do the Rexp programm file are stored?
I mean the code
And which language does Rexp use?

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 05:48:57 PM »

Hi. I really like font adding in Rexp. I think this unique feauture is really great.
But I have noticed one bug, connected with this feature. When you change an Art font and do not change the GUI font the icon nearby the "Glyph" word shows glyth in the GUI font, but should do it in the Art font.
Oops, indeed that'll show wrong for anyone using different art/GUI fonts! Haven't heard from anyone using that kind of setup since I added that glyph feature (it was added in the latest release, originally designed as a result of a quick patch...). It'll be fixed for the next release, not too hard at all.

Since the same info is already available in the sidebar it's not super important though, yeah, was just something I threw in as an extra for consistency purposes.

Also I noticed, what when you edit the Font and the high left pixel is black, Rexp thinks, that colors (255,255,255),(255,0,0),(255,255,0),(255,0,255) are foreground and (0,0,0),(0,255,255),(0,255,0),(0,0,255) are background.
I don't know is it bug or feature, but it doesn't cause problems, so it's feauture)
This is a feature described in the manual under Fonts, the section I pointed you to earlier!

Also
Where do the Rexp programm file are stored?
I mean the code
And which language does Rexp use?
Closed source C++.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Loeris

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 06:25:22 PM »

This is a feature described in the manual under Fonts, the section I pointed you to earlier!

In the manual I have seen onle the gray shade feature(about color of font)
I don't see where it's wroted, that if background is black - red, pink and yellow will be foreground and blue, cian and green will be background

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 06:39:37 PM »

Sorry, maybe I misunderstood? (was wondering if that was the case xD)

Based on your description here this just sounds like it's outside the scope of the fonts, since they do not support color, only grayscale shading (other results outside that scope will just be side effects). Thought you were originally referring to the way the pixel determines how the font is interpreted normally :)

Loeris

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2020, 07:09:04 PM »

Yeah. It could be a misunderstandding since I'm Russian and don't know English on very high level to speak with natives on the same language))

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2020, 07:31:17 PM »

Nah I was just too quick on the response and hadn't actually translated those values into actual colors, so I made an assumption. All good :)

Loeris

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2020, 07:45:41 PM »

I think Rexp takes only the first(red) value and works with it. It need test, but it might be true(because white,red,yellow and pink all have 255 of red color and black,blue,cian and green all have 0 of red color)

Loeris

• Unaware
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2020, 04:26:26 AM »

To be honest, I don't want this color bug to be fixed. It is really comfortable to edit fonts. I can make a Green-Cyan chessboard)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2020, 08:01:07 PM »

Note that the original bug/unexpected behavior mentioned in this thread has been corrected for the newly-released v1.50.