REXPaint > Everything REXPaint

Submit projects for REXPaint website showcase

(1/8) > >>

Kyzrati:
There's now a dedicated page on the REXPaint website to showcase any projects that are using it. (Projects can be at any stage of completion!)

To submit your own project for inclusion (completed or works-in-progress okay) email me at gridsagegames@gmail.com, or post in this thread, to provide the following required info:

* Project name
* Link to project homepage, or at least somewhere to get updates (required, to show it's an actual project that interested visitors can find out more about and follow--a web page, blog, or whatever channel you're using to release information about your project is fine)
* A short description
* One image of your project (I'll convert it to a thumbnail as necessary, and link to the full-sized image as you see in the existing samples); note the image doesn't have to be anything in/from REXPaint itself, or even have anything to do with REXPaint at all, but is an image that simply represents or is somehow associated with your project!
Projects can be using REXPaint in any capacity, be it for artwork, mapping, planning, whatever!

(The Projects page is for actual games, software, etc., as opposed to lone artwork/images, which are instead added to the gallery when I see something I like :D)

gumix:
Just want to share where RP is being used here. :)

1. ASCII-PATROL
2. No homepage yet, too busy with develompent - I know, huge marketing mistake.
3. Attempt to bring Moon Patrol by IREM (arcade legend from 1982) to text consoles.
Platforms: FreeDOS, Windows, Cygwin, Linux, maybe: js/html

Game engine is I think almost done.
Main work is focused currently on adding colors, new levels design, difficulty balancing.
So RP is being used in all colorization efforts. After doing few experiments, I've decided that game will offer 2 modes: black-on-white and color-on-black.
Simply compare my avatar (color on black) with image below (black on white).

I've made preview of 2 levels, hope you enjoy it.
(1.27MB)https://www.dropbox.com/s/n84a4hpdtev0frl/ASCII-PATROL-1.mp4?dl=1
(1.28MB)https://www.dropbox.com/s/4z2eeno71c10o7z/ASCII-PATROL-2.mp4?dl=1

4. The one image

gUmIx

Kyzrati:
Looks great, I'd love to see a colored on black shot! Once you've got a link, let me know and I'll have it up on the page. (Also I'd prefer to use that shot in its color on black form since it'll look even better :D)

As you know it's a good idea to have some kind of homepage, since it takes a long time for people to find your project. All it takes is a single basic web page at first! (When Cogmind was in heavy early pre-alpha development, all it had was a single page with a title and a basic description of what was to come. You're already got enough to show even more than that!)

gumix:
So need to say it out load, RP does its job - 100%
And because of its versality, I've made 2 versions quicker that could previously suppose to do just 1.
That make me worrying, which bkgnd looks better now  ;D

And Mockup:

Kyzrati:
Ooh, nice, thanks for sharing. And that's good to hear--true that with better tools the problem is shifted over to having lots of options since you can focus more on the design than the process :)

I'd say that with the current foreground colors a lighter background works better to reduce the contrast, but the black background is still probably a better goal, in which case the number and/or brightness of the colors may need to be toned down. Lots of heavy contrast going on there... I guess that is a mockup, though, so if there won't usually be so many objects in view at once it isn't as big an issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version