Grid Sage Forums

• March 29, 2024, 08:35:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Progress Update: February 8, 2016  (Read 1520 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Progress Update: February 8, 2016
« on: February 07, 2016, 09:56:57 PM »

Alpha 7 is already looking better! (Of course, that's the only direction in which we develop around here :P)

As mentioned before this particular release will take longer to complete, so it's still too early to give an closer estimate on its arrival time like I normally might during a progress update. Part of the reason would be that it's a larger update than those before it, and another would be that we'll be moving to a different apartment at the end of the month. (Kid's getting bigger and our mini-apartment just isn't cutting it!)

Progress is looking good so far, however, with a completed world map UI that you can read about in the overview posted on the dev blog.

Also, because I decided the main UI will not be changing as per the proposals made here, I've spent yet more time improving some of the existing fonts and adding new ones.

I've also changed the default font to a completely new one for now:

(larger samples: 18, 20)

We'll see how this goes over (I'll be watching usage data) and maybe later change it to Terminus for ultimate readability, though I'd prefer to keep something with a bit more sci-fi style before going that far. There are multiple variants available, and some of the existing Terminus fonts have been modified with improvements as well.

Next up is work on expanding into new branches, the Caves!

By the way, if you'd like even more frequent updates on mention-worthy progress made over a given week, I post updates for every Sharing Saturday over on /r/roguelikedev. (I leave only the big stuff for reporting here and on /r/Cogmind.)

That, in turn, is generally derived from whatever I've been tweeting during the week.
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon