Grid Sage Forums

• April 24, 2024, 11:47:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Progress Update: December 1, 2015  (Read 1320 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Progress Update: December 1, 2015
« on: November 30, 2015, 08:16:48 PM »

About time for another interim progress update!

Proper Alpha 5 development has been underway for about a week, with the weeks before that spent doing a little PR (always ongoing in small amounts) and giving REXPaint a new website while finishing up version 1.0 of that program.

REXPaint v1.0 is now complete, and will be released in the not-too-distant future. This has two benefits for Cogmind:
  • Aside from third-party coding and scripting software, it's my primary development tool, so improving it is a net positive for long-term progress on Cogmind. The current version will be enough to bring us to 1.0, so no more interruptions from that quarter.
  • Cogmind will get some more attention when I host an art competition some time (early?) next year.

As for Cogmind itself, it's time to really get the ball rolling on content.

Previous releases have been introducing yet more mechanics and feature creepy stuff--fun stuff, to be sure, but not central to the game. Thus our main roadmap has been neglected for quite a while (at least as it was originally written--I've been retroactively inserting new features into the time line with each new release).

That begins to change with Alpha 5, which will add four maps in two new branches. From here on out there will be a strong shift towards content, where every major release will be adding new maps, usually several.

Alpha 5 will not be ready for at least another two weeks, but I don't plan on it being much longer than that.

It's going to be explosive fun for everyone 8)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon