Grid Sage Forums

• March 19, 2024, 02:02:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Slight glitch in text-writing sound loop  (Read 1139 times)

Star Weaver

• Derelict
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Improved Tier!)
    • View Profile
Slight glitch in text-writing sound loop
« on: November 11, 2015, 06:48:41 PM »

I noticed this when scrolling the message log all the way to the top, but it happens if I just wiggle the mouse wheel continually in either the log or calc windows.

I hear a light pop or tap about once a second behind the text-writing sound, presumably at the looping point.

I thought it might be enhancement interference from the magic dolby surround mode on this headset (I've got a logitech G35, which has some sort of magical multi-driver array thing to do better surround), but even with that feature disabled I can hear it.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Slight glitch in text-writing sound loop
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 07:07:04 PM »

Huh, thanks for investigating more closely. I'll have a look at that loop. It might be a system-specific issue (at least in that certain hardware might emphasize different aspects of the sample) since I think I would've heard that by now, but I can try to tweak it.

Maybe if I turn the volume way up over here it will become more apparent. Thanks!

Edit: On closer inspection, it is an 816ms sample, by the way, which puts its length close to what you're talking about and that explanation does make sense. It's probably just a case of making sure the loop transitions better.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 07:10:37 PM by Kyzrati »
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Star Weaver

• Derelict
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Improved Tier!)
    • View Profile
Re: Slight glitch in text-writing sound loop
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 07:16:51 PM »

Cool, thanks for the fast reply and looking into it. And yeah, now that I think about it while listening, a wee bit more often than once a second is right.