Grid Sage Forums

• April 20, 2024, 02:07:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Released: Alpha 4b  (Read 1742 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Released: Alpha 4b
« on: November 09, 2015, 08:33:52 AM »

Well, we didn't quite make it straight from Alpha 4 to 5 after all :P

An oversight regarding the mid-game garrison access points was causing a lot more chaos than intended--I thought I'd applied the proper restrictions to certain special scenarios, but, um, apparently I didn't. So that is now fixed and those should be sufficiently rare. Thank you for complaining about the chaos, zxc! ;)

In other interesting developments... there has apparently been a rather serious oversight in the combat calculations. The accuracy bonus for remaining stationary was working for all robots except Cogmind :-[.

This has apparently been the case since the very first version of the game (all the way back to the 2012 7DRL prototype!), so I'm surprised it's gone undiscovered until now. It's pretty obvious when you follow the full detail combat log and watch the hit chance breakdown. Thanks to @macklemurr for pointing it out.

Basically you're going to get a +10% accuracy bonus to most of your shots from now on. I now expect at least 10% more ownage out of you all!

The full Alpha 4b (0.10.151109) changelog:
* MOD: Stasis traps completely removed from Materials floors
* FIX: Failed to apply rarity limits to special scenarios surrounding mid-game garrison access machines [zxc]
* FIX: +10% to Cogmind's (not hostiles') accuracy while stationary was never applied [@macklemurr]

For the latest primary changelog regarding all the latest Alpha 4 features, see the previous announcement.

4b saves are compatible with Alpha 4, if you have a game in progress (which will benefit from the new changes if continuing the game under the new version).
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon