Grid Sage Forums

• March 29, 2024, 06:45:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Best invested 20 bucks in a long time  (Read 5498 times)

stylesuxx

• Unaware
  • Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015
    • View Profile
Best invested 20 bucks in a long time
« on: September 11, 2015, 07:21:41 AM »

Hey,
playing this game for a couple of days now. Unfortunately I have not yet managed to escape :-(

Just wanted to give a big heads up to the dev. Impressive what you build here. Impressive what you achieve as a "one man show", your wife must hate you for the lack of time,...

I started this game because a friend of mine popped over while my GF was playing "Shiren the wanderer" on SNES and had her best run ever (floor 27 or so). He said he just saw the right game for us, showed us the trailer and I was sold, I forced him to buy the 3 accs pack :-D

Keep up the excellent work.

Greetz,
Chris

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Best invested 20 bucks in a long time
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 10:28:57 AM »

your wife must hate you for the lack of time,...
This. She hates me less now that it's actually making money, after two years of me working on the pre-alpha which of course was not making any money at the time (just a lot of me saying "hey, it'll probably make money when I start selling it, really!" :P)

And that's a great story for how you (all) got the game!

Also glad I spent a while making a cool trailer ;)

I appreciate you stopping by and letting me know how you feel; I shall continue the not-endless-but-feels-endless march to 1.0!

I've noticed you on the leaderboards having just appeared more recently, and doing pretty well. No escape, but right now you're leading in five different achievements so you've got some style :)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

stylesuxx

• Unaware
  • Achievement leader in at least one category during Alpha Challenge 2015 Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 11:26:18 AM »

What I forgot to mention, I am playing this in Linux with wine, works quite flawlessly, so thanks for that. Although I'd love to see a native version ;-) I know you have other priorities right now, just wanted to leave that here.

Dzlan

• Unaware
  • Dwarf Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 02:07:31 AM »

Ohhh thank god to know it works in wine flawlessly.

I was wondering if I'd be able to test this before I brought it, cheers for that.

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 02:22:26 AM »

There are quite a few Linux players, with various approaches documented in this thread.

(Also for the record, OSX+Wine solutions here.)
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon