Cogmind > Support

Any luck with Wine on OSX? [SOLUTIONS INSIDE]

(1/13) > >>

campfly:
Just wondering if anybody has tried this with Wine on a mac. It runs great in Windows 10 on my bootcamp mac, but this game is so much fun that I'd love the ability to keep it on hand throughout the day and not just when I have time to reboot into Windows.

If it will work with Wine, which engine would be recommended?

Thanks!

Karlito:
I'd think it would work, reportedly it has no problems running under Wine on Linux. I've gotten plenty of games running on Mac with wine, but unfortunately I no longer own a mac to check out how Cogmind runs.

Phragmented:
I've tried it with Crossover (a commercial Wine), and the first launch worked great for me. My subsequent runs have a serious problem with frequent full-screen white flashes. I haven't tracked the problem down yet.

Kyzrati:
For the record, I have reports that "Cogmind runs fairly well under PlayOnMac once you install the VC2010 redistributable" (referring to the one mentioned in the install instructions).

Edit: Another to add to the list. Apparently "with winbottler Cogmind works better than some natively ported games in OSX." Supposedly I could use this to package the game for OSX users? If that's the case then it's definitely something I will look into and provide.

Slotos:

Basically this is what you need to do with winebottler. Supposedly wineskins is as simple, though I haven't tried it myself.

Pressing install will ask for a path to save the bundle to. If you're packaging for yourself, just aim it to your Applications folder and enjoy cogmind. If you don't check "Silent install", you'll need to agree to MSVC++ 2010 EULA in its install dialog.

Feel free to remove winebottler afterwards if you don't need it for anything else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version