Grid Sage Forums

• April 19, 2024, 09:18:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Mothballed Drones  (Read 2967 times)

Draco18s

• Cyborg
  • Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015
    • View Profile
Mothballed Drones
« on: September 28, 2015, 07:48:13 PM »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

jimmijamjams

• Cyborg
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Mothballed Drones
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 09:31:16 PM »

Nice one!  This is one of my favourite finds on Storage.  Wait until you find something else that gets mothballed :D

Draco18s

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 03:41:03 PM »

I took two of those with me.  One I used right away to try and find the damn exit, the other I saved for later, and even after I spent the drones I held onto it so I could scanalyze and fabricate (which I got to do once!).  My first time using drones.  Also the first game I got to use a guided weapon (an EMP grenade launcher of some sort).

Ended up with a high score of 8240, having died on -4.  I'd been having a big problem finding terminals (of any kind!) for four or five floors, so I was pretty well murdered almost as soon as I entered a floor (-4 lasted 318 turns).  -7 I managed to luck out on and find an exit quick (-5 went on for 1315 total turns and I found almost nothing of value).

jimmijamjams

• Cyborg
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier) Participated in the Alpha Challenge 2015 Weekly Seed Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 10:39:42 PM »

Ended up with a high score of 8240,
Solid score!

I took two of those with me.  One I used right away to try and find the damn exit, the other I saved for later, and even after I spent the drones I held onto it so I could scanalyze and fabricate (which I got to do once!).  My first time using drones.  Also the first game I got to use a guided weapon (an EMP grenade launcher of some sort).
I usually open all of the Drone Bays up and send them everywhere.  it's not a particularly tactical strategy but I find managing them a hassle even though it can be very useful.  I once found a drone bay upon immediately escaping the chute trap and they were able to go everywhere without getting any agro.  I just hid in a corner and explored until I found everything I needed.

I haven't had much experience with the guided weapons (not even sure if I've ever picked one up).

I'd been having a big problem finding terminals (of any kind!) for four or five floors, so I was pretty well murdered almost as soon as I entered a floor (-4 lasted 318 turns).  -7 I managed to luck out on and find an exit quick (-5 went on for 1315 total turns and I found almost nothing of value).

I often struggle to find terminals in the mid and late-game.  Usually one of my first hacks is to find the location of more of them (if I can even find one in the first place!).

Draco18s

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 10:33:15 PM »

Not sure I found and Terminals at all, or if I did, the security so tight the available options were 25% or lower, so an Index(Terminals) was out of the question.

jimmijamjams

• Cyborg
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 02:32:04 AM »

Not sure I found and Terminals at all, or if I did, the security so tight the available options were 25% or lower, so an Index(Terminals) was out of the question.

Bummer :(  The Terminals are indeed tough to find and hack later in the game.