Grid Sage Forums

• April 20, 2024, 06:17:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: REXPaint Crash on copy/paste  (Read 1896 times)

RCIX

• Unaware
  • Supported Cogmind Alpha Access 2015-2017 (Prime Tier)
    • View Profile
REXPaint Crash on copy/paste
« on: September 07, 2015, 12:36:14 PM »

I tried to copy paste over a specific tile in the second layer on the attached .xp file and it seems that confused RogueP enough for it to red screen of death (and then proceed to close before I could catch the error). http://prntscr.com/8dq00v copy the circled tile (just some random empty square i grabbed) and paste it onto the tile i pointed at with a bunch of arrows, and it should crash :P

(enjoy the title screen draft, by the way)

Edit: Okay so copy pasting (and honestly, sometimes, trying to draw) is pretty flaky in this file o.o Not sure what's going on, and I can't find a consistent repro for anything other than that. And apparently I uploaded a log without the error -.- oh well, hopefully the one repro i could find will help.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 12:53:02 PM by RCIX »

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: REXPaint Crash on copy/paste
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 06:47:18 PM »

No problem about the log, your steps to reproduce it are quite reliable and I see the error message (apparently something about this action breaks the undo history).

This is... really weird! And there are tons of RP users, not to mention I've been using it for ages, but never anything like this. However, a quick test shows that copy-pasting any single cell on any layer but the first always reproduces this error, so it should be easy to fix.

This isn't anything with your particular file (I tried it on others, and as expected got the same results).

Perhaps part of why this hasn't been discovered: Remember that you can copy-paste a single cell more efficiently by right-clicking on the origin and left-clicking on the destination.

Okay so copy pasting (and honestly, sometimes, trying to draw) is pretty flaky in this file o.o
Let me know if you find any other actions that produce strange results. This looks like an isolated incident related to this particular series of actions, and there's nothing wrong with your XP file itself.

Thanks for the report, I'll make sure this is fixed for the next release.

Edit: This has been fixed in the 1.0 release.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 07:00:13 AM by Kyzrati »
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon