Grid Sage Forums

• April 19, 2024, 04:27:02 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Progress Update: August 18, 2015  (Read 1867 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Progress Update: August 18, 2015
« on: August 17, 2015, 10:16:18 PM »

Alpha 3 is well under way, and now includes a completely new mechanic: Traps. I've detailed how they work in a new blog post.

The next release will come a little later than planned because a massive typhoon took out our power and water for a while, but mostly because I've allowed a little feature creep into Alpha 3--the rest of this week I'll be adding a huge secret. It's cool and will add some new options for how you tackle the mid-game, once you figure it out :P

After that I want to address many "little features" (hour~day-range stuff) that I haven't been able to get to while working on traps. When I feel the next release can be delayed no longer (possibly two weeks from now) Alpha 3 will be ceremoniously kicked out the door and preparations for the official tournament will begin. It won't happen immediately because we want to make sure there are no bugs in the new features, which will have been thoroughly tested as usual but something may slip by. Then from there Alpha 4 will begin adding at least one new branch every major version release.

In other news, the online leaderboards have also been reset. Its features there will be greatly expanded for the tournament.

The original top scores have been immortalized in this gif :D
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 10:22:56 PM by Kyzrati »
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon