• April 25, 2024, 06:36:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Poll

When would you prefer to have the tournament?

With Alpha 2
- 0 (0%)
With Alpha 3
- 15 (71.4%)
Let Kyzrati decide
- 6 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: July 15, 2015, 12:04:50 AM

Author Topic: Tournament with Alpha 2, or 3?  (Read 2598 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Tournament with Alpha 2, or 3?
« on: July 07, 2015, 12:04:50 AM »

So my original plan was to run an official Cogmind tournament using Alpha 2, later this month. That is still perfectly possible, though I'm leaning towards postponing it a bit for several reasons.

While there can be smaller seed competitions and whatnot throughout alpha development, I'm only planning to run one major tournament during that period. I think Alpha 3 will be a little more fun in that regard because it adds some of the last major new mechanics. Certainly we could keep pushing the tournament back because there are always more cool things ahead of us, but beyond Alpha 3 it will mostly be map expansions instead--the game world is already plenty big to hold a tournament, it's the new mechanics in Alpha 3 that will shake things up and provide additional tactical options on each existing map.

Still, because I did several times bring up the plan to hold a tournament (or were many of you not aware of this? :P), I feel that I have to ask the majority opinion on what you'd prefer.

An Alpha 2 tournament would be held this month, while an Alpha 3 tournament could come in August (hard to say mid or late--I haven't decided the full feature set).

About the tournament: The details haven't been hashed out, but know that there will be prizes, and you don't have to be the absolute best player to win something or be recognized!

Vote away!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 12:56:12 AM by Kyzrati »
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Re: Tournament with Alpha 2, or 3?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 01:54:09 AM »

Well, looks like there's no hurry on this; just had to make sure because I'd mentioned it a few times before. I'll make sure it happens with Alpha 3.  Can't wait to start on that one since we'll get real new content. Alpha 3 production begins next week, immediately after the impending Alpha 2 release.

Until then, we now also have some seed runs to pass the time :D
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon