Grid Sage Forums

• April 19, 2024, 01:52:34 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

LINKS: Website | Steam | Wiki

Author Topic: Grid Sage Wiki - Now Open  (Read 2676 times)

Kyzrati

• Administrator
  • True Cogmind
    • View Profile
    • Cogmind
Grid Sage Wiki - Now Open
« on: June 01, 2015, 03:59:00 AM »

We now have an open wiki for Cogmind!

Like the forums, it's classified as a "Grid Sage" site rather than Cogmind-specific because it will eventually include information about future projects as well.

For now I consider the wiki an "unofficial" source of information because the intent is that it will be maintained by players who would like to formalize their data collection and strategies in an even more permanent and organized form than the forums offer. In other words I'm not the one populating it, though I may occasionally step in on formatting and layout issues as well as serve an administrative role when required.

I did already set up a main page and get us started with several other basic administrative pages. For example, if you decide to edit please follow the style guide. (And see the help page for reference.)

To edit the wiki you'll need to make a separate account, which requires email confirmation but for now is otherwise completely open. However, at some point I'll start requiring manual approval for registrations in order to prevent spam, so if you think you may one day want to edit the wiki, feel free to sign up now even if you're not ready to add anything just yet. (You can always do it later, too, but if I've stopped open registration you'll have to wait for me to add you manually.)

Edit: It didn't take long for the spammers to show up. Though for now there has been no vandalism, I preemptively blocked all the dormant spam accounts and locked down wiki signups. From now on anyone who would like to join the wiki editors must email gridsagegames@gmail.com with their preferred username and I'll add you manually, usually within 24 hours.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 02:35:46 AM by Kyzrati »
Josh Ge, Developer - Dev Blog | @GridSageGames | Patreon